Friday, August 31, 2007

Off to Woodstock

Every time I hear that name I immediately think of the 60's and Joplin. The the second image that comes to mind is Snoopy's pal (the bird).

My wife had plans to meet one of her friends near the gate entrance to the fair sometime around 10 a.m. The weather for the most part should cooperate, though there is a chance of showers.
Aya told me that her memorization of all 50 states and their capitals must have worked for she said she had gotten a 100 on the quiz. (She said it so matter-of-factly, I think she was confident that she would get a good grade). Regardless, I showed her I was proud of her.

Sheep sheering, pumpkin weighing and sand castle building, oh my!!

There was a lot of walking around, we stopped for drinks every 2 hours it seemed because it was a bright day and it didn't take long to get parched. We ate at one of the many food venues. I usually hit the caramelized nut stand and go for the roasted Almonds or Pecans. Then we got Fried Dough and I got a caramel apple.

The "Bird of Prey" show was neat although it was limited due to the fact that there was a nature hawk interfering with the show display and the Falconer felt that the show birds would be lunch.

We skipped the rides because we were on a tight budget and the fact that these rides were only put up for 3 days, who knows the safety record.

There was a Karate exposition and an Old time fiddle and banjo band all of whom were over 60 years old.

No comments: